I’ve decided to put together a post of some changes and additions I will implement in the new year. I am always looking for ways to make this blog a better place for everyone. It’s been a rough, tumultuous year for me, but I hope 2016 will be a prosperous year for me. I have lots of ideas to expand and grow ISWAK. Below, are just a few ideas you’ll see early in the year.
- Genre/genre tropes. While I’ve been back and forth on the best way to showcase genres and their tropes (ex. categories and tags), I’ve come up with an idea that I think will work best for my blog. I’m going to add a “genre/genre trope” page to the navigation links above the site header. This page will give me the freedom and flexibility to categorize and break down genres without cluttering up the tags and categories. I will only feature and list dramas that I’ve personally watched. This will include Korean, Taiwanese, Thai, and Filipino dramas. That way, if there are specific elements you’re looking for in a drama, maybe my categories could help you find just what you’re in the mood for. I will put together a list early in 2016 and hopefully get that up.
- A few examples: contract marriage, time slip, inner beauty, hidden identity.
- I will be adding a “Featured Drama” to the sidebar. It could change daily, weekly, or as far as monthly depending on the crop of new dramas that are available. Basically, it will be a section dedicated to currently-airing shows that I can’t get enough of. I really like this feature as it’s a great way to show what dramas I’ve loving when I don’t have time to put together reviews, first impressions, and 10 reasons lists.
- Starting in the New Year, I will finally begin my journey to learning Korean. I need to order the software, but I think it could be fun to track my progress and share my thoughts, struggles, and triumphs right here with all my readers. This is one of my top resolutions for the new year. Originally, I was going to start in November, but as things got crazy with the holidays nearing, I decided started fresh at the beginning of 2016 was the best choice.
- I will be posting “Featured Actors/Actresses” that have caught my eye throughout the year. While they’re new to me or just an old favorite, I really want to shine light on the actors who, in my humble opinion, go above and beyond.
- A major site redesign is in the works. This is a huge project and a massive undertaking, so I’m not sure of a timeline. I will expect 2-3 months at the very least as I’m handling it all on my own.
I have plenty of ideas, but these are the main points I want to focus on. I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog up until this point and I will continue to work hard into the new year. I aim to be more active and consistent. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!