K-Dramas and K-Movies on Netflix
When it comes to finding what you want, Netflix can either be a blessing or a curse. And let me tell you that typing “korean drama” (or any other variation) in the search bar on Netflix isn’t very helpful. (And that’s being generous.) You’ll probably bring up a whole mess of results that most likely have zilch to do with your beloved k-drama search. So, if you’re new to Netflix or if you’re thinking about trying it out for a month-long trial, here’s the best way to get straight to your favorite Korean dramas ad free.
*Please note these are instructions for accessing Netflix via a computer. If you are using an app or mobile device, these direction will not work. Via the app, you can simply search for “Korean Drama” and find what you need.*
How to Find K-Dramas on Netflix:
1. Hover your mouse over the “Browse” link.
2. Select “TV Shows.”
3. You should now see a “subgenres” button. Select that.
4. From the listing, find “Korean TV Shows” and click on it.
5. Voila! You should have a page dedicated exclusively to k-dramas.
Note: Keep in mind that this might not bring up every single k-drama in the database, but it does bring up most of the options available. Also, licenses eventually run out on Netflix, so if you’ve been holding off on watching a drama, you may want to check it out before it disappears.
How to Find K-Movies on Netflix:
1. Hover over the “browse” link.
2. Select “foreign” link.
3. Find the “subgenres” button and select that.
4. Click on “Korean.”
5. Voila! You should have a pretty large page dedicated exclusively to k-movies.
Note: Korean movies have a pretty large inventory on Netflix. If you don’t have the time and/or have run out of dramas that you want to watch, this is a great way to finish something in one sitting without the after-effects of binge-watching dramas.