Well, I’ve officially survived my second week of work. The best part is that I make more in one week than I used to make every two weeks. I’m happy where I am, so I’m going to make the most of it and try my best. Along the way, I just might keep this as an ongoing series — as I’m finding that I have plenty of work-related experiences that are perfect to use with k-drama gifs.
1. You’ve been doing the same thing, over and over again, for a whole week straight, so by the time the second week rolls around, your job has become pretty routine and mindless.. and frustratingly dull. But, it’s not all that bad.
2. The feeling of utter and complete happiness when your manager informs you that they finally hired another temp to fill in for the other temp that threw in the towel after one day. And your smiles grows as big and wide as the main couple from your favorite k-drama. Success! You don’t have to go it alone anymore.
3. Your manager comes over to check on you. She then proceeds to praise you on your quality work and your ability to learn at a fast pace. You’re even left to your own devices for 99% of the day.
4. The higher ups decide to have training for two straight days in your work space, and you spend 80% of your day trying (and failing) to concentrate fully on your own work. All you want is for them to find another place to train. Is it really that impossible?!
5. Your co-workers playfully banter and joke around about everything throughout the day, and even though most of it is inappropriate, you can’t help but chuckle and smile anyway. By the end of the day, you start to feel like an enabler.
6. Early mornings still suck, but your body is getting used to your schedule, and you wake up nearly 30 minutes before your alarm goes off. Otoke?
7. One of the co-workers that shares the room with you, rolls across the floor on his rolling desk chair and purposely bumps into yours. A day later, he blurts out to the room that you’re really awesome. Awkward smile, anyone?
8. You start having a reason to look nice once again, so you take your time to do your make up and pick out your outfit for the day. (Minus the being a star caption. I promise I’m not tooting my own horn here.)
9. No matter how long you’ve been working, Friday’s suck. You’re on the cusp of freedom (aka the weekend) but you still have to make it through 8 hours, first. Wae?!
10. The best part is that you got your first paycheck on Thursday, and now you’re over-the-moon because you can actually do something after feeling like a broke hermit for months. Score!